Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Loss of a true hero

 Today we lost Nelson Mandela, It makes me happy for him, as I am sure he has found the peace that he has deserved for so long. But I am deeply saddened for the people who revered and loved him, as they were many in number. There are few in the world who had a grasp on peace and love better than he. The world needs more people like him, free of prejudice and hate, strong enough in heart to speak out against it. But pure enough in the soul to maintain peace and love within themselves.  Why can't we all learn front this? We know that spreading hate and prejudice will only make the world shun us in the end. Yet we do it every day, sneering coldly at others who are different than ourselves. Yet those who spread a message of Peace and love are remembered forever, Jesus of Nazareth, Siddhartha Guatama (the Buddha), Nelson Mandela... these sort of people are loved into eternity and hence, gain a sort of immortality in memories. yet human beings continue to walk away from the path which leads to it. Why is that? Like Mandela, I too believe that hatred is a learned skill, and that Love is far more natural a force than hate. So why do we continue to preach such bitter, senseless words to our posterity? If we would not do this our children would grow up blind to such silliness.

 So Today I will simply say, thank you Mr. Mandela. You were a true inspiration to humankind and will be dearly missed. Thank you for the kind words of wisdom you gave to us all and for being the amazing human being that you were. Today I pray that you find peace in knowing that your legacy will live on. One day the world will be as you saw it should have been. As those who loved and respected you will continue to live by your example. People continue to believe the world is falling apart. but really, racism and legally backed hate crimes are at an all time low. The world is slowly becoming a better place. And much of that is thanks to you, as well as many like-minded individuals, such as myself. I vow that I will personally continue your work in my own life. As Im sure others will as well. And one day, all the world will find peace. And when that day comes, I know that you will be able to see it from wherever you are. Thank you Nelson Mandela,  for everything you did and everything you were, from the bottom of my heart. You were a friend to all of mankind and I speak for us all when I say this, Thank you, and goodbye my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment